Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Sirloin Steak Marinade

I had some sirloin steaks in the freezer and have been wanting to pull them out and cook them. I don't have a lot of experience with marinating things so I am working to build up my arsenal of marinades. This is certainly one that I will use again. I searched "marinate stake with Italian dressing" and found this recipe on allrecipes.com, cut it in half and made a few personal substitutions, which I was very pleased with. Really, how could you go wrong with Italian salad dressing and barbecue sauce?

1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup Italian-style salad dressing
1 teaspoons minced garlic
a few dashes of freshly ground pepper
1/2 cup barbeque sauce
1 pound sirloin steak

Make a few small slices in the steaks to allow the marinade to soak in. Refrigerate steaks in marinade in a Ziploc bag for at least 5 hours (they can be in the fridge for up to about two days - the longer the better). Remove steaks from the refrigerator and allow them to reach room temperature before cooking them on a preheated barbecue grill for 3-4 minutes on each side.

No comments:

Post a Comment