Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Teriyaki Meatball Lettuce Wraps


I don't often use or buy pre-prepared foods. They usually don't taste as good as things that are homemade, but there are some days when I just don't have time to cook. And days that I just don't want to. So I usually have a few easy meals in my freezer that I can pull out and have on the table in just a few minutes. These Aidells Chicken Teriyaki Meatballs are one of those things. I tasted them for the first time at Costco about a month ago and I was instantly converted. Costco has some of the best pre-prepared food available and these meatballs were so amazing that I couldn't help but share this "recipe." Here is a link the original recipe.

Here is a picture of the meatball package:

Prep time: 15 minutes

Serves: 2-3 people

1/2 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
1/2 lb Aidells teriyaki meatballs
2 carrots, cut into small pieces
2 green onions, thinly sliced
hoisin sauce, to taste
2 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
Romaine or green leaf lettuce, rinsed

Preheat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Cut meatballs in half and saute until brown and heated completely. Add carrots and green onions and continue to cook for another 2-3 minutes. 

To serve, place meatball mixture into center of lettuce leaves. Sprinkle with cilantro and drizzle desired amount of hoisin sauce over top. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment