Wednesday, May 18, 2011

J Dawgs


J Dawgs is one of the most popular local restaurants in Provo. It was started a number of years ago by a BYU student and was run out of a small wooden shack just south of BYU campus. A little over a year ago it moved into a nearby building. J Dawgs are hands down the best hot dogs I have ever had. The real secret to J Dawgs is the sauce, although the other toppings are good too. I found a recipe online that claimed to be a good copycat recipe so I decided to try it out. It was actually very close to the real thing - good enough for me! Especially because I will be moving away in the next few weeks.

Polish dogs
Buns
Sauerkraut
Dill pickles
Chopped onions
Special Sauce

Special Sauce:
3/4 c. ketchup
3/4 c brown sugar
1/4 c. honey
1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
1 tsp. soy sauce
1/2 tsp. onion powder

2 comments:

  1. Mmm. We love J Dawgs and we're about to move too. We'll have to give this a try. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete