Saturday, August 11, 2012

Shredded Pork Burritos


When I first got my Crock Pot, I didn't use it very often because I felt like a lot of the slow cooker recipes were pretty much the same. Over time, I have found a lot more ways that I can use mine, which have allowed me to use it a lot more often. I actually have two slow cookers now: a small one and a large one. One of the biggest advantages to using a Crock Pot during the summer is that it allows me to slow cook meat so that it is nice and tender, without having the kitchen heat up along with the oven. I make a lot of my most delicious and easiest Mexican-style recipes with meat that I cooked in my slow cooker.

1 1/2 lb pork roast
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped
2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp paprika
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
Salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste

Place roast, chicken broth, onion, cilantro, and spices in a slow cooker. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours. Shred meat with two forks. 

Other great recipes for these burritos are:
Pico de gallo




No comments:

Post a Comment