Monday, August 6, 2012

Roasted Tomato and Olive Bruschetta


This is the first recipe that I used with my Ninja Blender. It was one that I found in the owner's guide that came in the box, but made a few of my own alterations (mostly because I didn't have fresh tomatoes). This was a quick and easy appetizer and we liked it a lot. I will definitely use this recipe when I have guests over. This recipe was the first time that I got really excited about my new blender. It was great! Afterwards, I searched "ninja blender recipes" online and realized that there are hundreds of recipes that I can try. What a great cooking tool!

Prep time: 1 hour (including baking time)
Serves: 6 (depends on desired serving)

1 can of stewed tomatoes, drained and rinsed
1 Tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper, to taste
1 clove garlic
1/4 cup black olives
1/2 tsp dried basil
1 loaf Baguette, sliced and toasted

In a medium bowl, toss tomatoes with olive oil and desired amount of salt and pepper. Place the tomatoes on a baking sheet and bake at 350° for 30-40 minutes. Remove from oven and cool slightly.

Add tomatoes, garlic, olives, and basil to the blender. Pulse for a few seconds, or until vegetables are roughly chopped. Serve warm or cold over baguette slices.



1 comment:

  1. I am preparing this as the first dish with my ninja as well. The kitchen smells so good I cannot wait to try it! ....along with many other tasty dishes with my Ninja!

    ReplyDelete