Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Blackberry Nectarine Smoothie


My husband and I are still pretty stoked about our new Ninja blender. All of our friends seem to be on kind of a health kick while we, on the other hand, seem to be eating more and more desserts. (It doesn't help that people keep bringing us treats. How can we possibly say no to such delicious gifts?) We do want to start to be a little bit more healthy, though, so we made this smoothie as kind of a healthy dessert a few nights ago.

When I make smoothies, I like to use some fresh fruit and some frozen fruit, rather than using a lot of ice. It seems to make a thicker smoothie, which I like.

Prep time: 5 minutes

Serves: 2

2 cups frozen blackberries
2 fresh nectarines
3/4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
1/8 cup sugar (or to taste)
1/2 cup orange juice (more or less for desired thickness)

Blend all ingredients until smooth. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment