Thursday, August 2, 2012

Carne Asada Tacos


My husband had an extremely busy week on the week of my birthday. I know that he wanted to make my birthday special, and would insist on making me dinner even though he was working 12 hours a day so I chose something that would be quick and easy and that wouldn't have too much clean up. I found this amazing Carne Asada recipe and knew it had to be my birthday dinner. I put the marinade together the night before so all my husband had to do was grill the meat on his barbecue (one of his favorite activities). We worked together to make pico de gallo and guacamole and had the dinner ready in no time at all.

Prep time: 10-20 minutes (and marinate over night)

Serves: 4 people

1 1/2 lb flank steak
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp black pepper
2 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp paprika
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp chili powder
2 tsp oregano
5 cloves garlic, minced
1/8 cup lime juice (or juice of two limes)
1/2 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
1/2 cup olive oil
1/3 cup vinegar

Combine all ingredients in a Ziplock bag, mixing thoroughly before adding flank steak. Marinate for between 6 and 24 hours.

Over a preheated barbecue, grill until the meat reaches your desired level of doneness. Remember that the meat will keep cooking for a few minutes after you have removed it from the heat. Let the meat rest for several minutes before slicing across the grain.

Serve over corn tortillas with pico de gallo, guacamole, and hot sauce.




No comments:

Post a Comment