Monday, January 10, 2011

Cinnamon Rolls


My pizza dough recipe makes about enough for two and a half pizzas. So what do I do with the extra dough? I have a pan that is a little smaller so sometimes I make it into another pizza, sometimes into breadsticks, sometimes into rolls. This time I used the remaining dough to make some cinnamon rolls. And they tasted great!

Ingredients:
leftover pizza dough
1/4 cup melted butter
1/4 cup cinnamon sugar (approx.)
Cream cheese frosting

Roll out leftover pizza dough into a rectangle, about 8"x16". Spread melted butter over entire rectangle. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar over butter. Roll dough so that the longer side forms the coils of dough (in other words so that the roll is about 8" long). Cut rolls about 1" thick using unwaxed dental floss or thread. Place on pan about 2" apart and let rise another 30-45 minutes. Bake at 375° for about 15 minutes. Let cool about 10 minutes before frosting.

No comments:

Post a Comment