Monday, January 24, 2011

Sticky Chicken


This is a tangy, sweet and super-simple dinner that takes less than a half hour to make. This recipe is one that my mom made for us growing up. I have learned that the type of barbecue sauce used in the recipe makes a really big difference in flavor; when I use the "honey" flavor sauce it tastes very sweet. I find that I prefer a less sweet sauce. I also learned that there is a difference in quality between a name brand and generic brand barbecue sauce.

1 lb boneless skinless chicken, cut into chunks
1 cup apricot jam
1 cup barbecue sauce
1 envelope dry onion soup mix
1/2 cup cashews
1 8 oz can mandarin oranges

In nonstick pan over medium-high heat, saute chicken until lightly browned. Combine barbecue sauce, jam and soup mix with chicken. Bring to boil. Turn on low and simmer 10 minutes. Just before serving over rice, add mandarin oranges and cashews.

No comments:

Post a Comment