Monday, January 10, 2011

Stuffed Crust Pizza


If Pizza Hut can do it, why can't I? I am surprised that I had never even thought of filling my own pizza crust with cheese before yesterday. What a great idea! It worked out very well. The only thing I might change for next time is rolling the dough a little thinner on the edges so that there is proportionately more cheese to bread.

I started out by making the same pizza dough that I usually use, let it rise for the usual time, and rolled it out so that it was a little bigger than my pan (in this case I used a pizza stone). At the time I only had pre-shredded mozzarella cheese to work with, but I think that bigger strips of mozzarella cheese would make the process even easier. I made lines of cheese close to the edge of my pizza and folded the dough over top. It didn't seem to have any trouble sticking or holding its shape.


Then I spread the sauce, cheese and toppings and baked as usual. I didn't even have to increase the cooking time. When it came out of the oven I spread garlic butter on the edges to make them more like bread sticks. My stuffed crust pizza tasted great and was a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment