Monday, January 24, 2011

Barbecue Chicken


I can't believe I had never made barbecue chicken before! For some reason I thought it would be complicated and time consuming but it wasn't at all. Growing up my mom always used chicken with bones because it is a little less expensive, but it is great with or without bones. Boneless chicken takes a little less time to bake. This time I used chicken thighs and wings.

Chicken (any cut)
Barbecue sauce of your choice

Clean chicken and remove skin and fat (if it has skin and fat). Place in pan. Bake at 350º for about 15 minutes. Drain juice and then brush barbecue sauce onto chicken. I used a lot of sauce; probably about 3/4 bottle. Continue to bake for at least 20 more minutes or until fully cooked. The time will be longer if you are cooking more chicken. I ended up cooking the chicken for about an hour and a half while we were waiting for the potatoes to finish but surprisingly the chicken didn't dry out at all, it just got really tender and juicy.

No comments:

Post a Comment