Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Garlic Chicken Stir Fry


This recipe is based on one that I found in my new Better Homes and Gardens cookbook. I wanted something quick and easy to make for dinner a few days ago so I made this one but I was in such a big hurry that I forgot to take the picture so I couldn't post the recipe until I ate the leftovers today! It was even better the second time.

Approx 1 lb chicken (maybe a little less)
1 cup water
3 Tbsp soy sauce
3 Tbsp dry white wine
1 Tbsp cornstarch
2 Tbsp olive oil
10 green onions, chopped
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
1 green pepper, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
2 Tbsp minced garlic
1 can water chestnuts

Cut chicken into bite sized pieces and marinate for 30 minutes in water, soy sauce and white wine. After marinating remove chicken and stir cornstarch into the reserved marinade; set aside. Heat oil in a large skillet and add garlic, onion, mushrooms, green pepper, and green onions and cook about 2 minutes or until tender. Remove vegetables from pan and use it to cook chicken until it is no longer pink. Add marinade to pan and cook with chicken until it is thickened and bubbly.

 Return cooked vegetables to pan and add water chestnuts. Cook and stir about 1 minute more or until heated through. Serve over cooked rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment