Sunday, July 11, 2010

Baked Chicken Bacon Alfredo


I saw a dish similar to this on the menu of one of our local restaurants and it looked great (although I didn't actually taste it) and I decided that I could try making my own version of it at home. We tried the whole experiment and invited some friends over to eat it. It was a big hit with everyone and it is definitely something I can see becoming a family favorite. This recipe makes enough to serve 6-8 people and filled two of the casserole dishes pictured above.

Ingredients:
12 oz pasta (penne, rotini, rotelle, etc)
4 cups Alfredo sauce (see recipe in sauce section of blog)
12 oz sliced mushrooms
1 large onion, chopped
1/2 lb bacon, cut into small pieces
12 oz grilled chicken, cut into small pieces
6-8 oz Canadian bacon, small triangle shaped slices
3-5 oz sun-dried tomatoes, cut into small pieces (optional)
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese

Add pasta to boiling water; while pasta is boiling cook Alfredo sauce (double recipe in sauces section of this blog). Drain pasta and split into two casserole dishes (this would also fit well into a 9x13" pan) mix in Alfredo sauce, mushrooms, onion, bacon, chicken, Canadian bacon, and sun-dried tomatoes. Top with shredded mozzarella. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until top begins to turn golden. I put the oven on broil for the last few minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment