Sunday, July 11, 2010

Alfredo Sauce


I had tried a recipe for homemade Alfredo Sauce before and it was truly disgusting. After that I started to wonder if I even liked alfredo sauce because I don't like the kind from the store and I didn't trust that a homemade one would turn out any different than that first one. But my hubby finally convinced me to try his mother's recipe and WOW it turned out great.

1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup flour
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
about 2 cups milk
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp dried basil
salt and pepper to taste

Melt butter in a large skillet. With a whisk mix flour in, a little at a time. Cook until bubbly. Stir while slowly adding milk until you reach desired thickness. Add Parmesan cheese and stir to melt. Add garlic powder, basil, salt and pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment