Saturday, January 21, 2012

Ham and Brie Crostini


I absolutely love cheese. Trying out new and exotic cheeses is one of my very favorite activities, in fact. The other day I saw this double creme brie at our local grocery store and decided to buy some so that I could try it out. When I read the description on the internet, everybody just raved about this French cheese and described it as a mild cheese that had a soft texture. I decided to use it to make a couple of hors d'oeuvres after church on Sunday. I thought it was decent, and enjoyed eating something new. My husband was really not a fan. Good thing we had some queso fresco and crackers that he could supplement. Although I don't think I will be buying this cheese again soon, I am glad that we tried it out.

1 baguette, sliced
1 package of double creme brie
Sliced ham

Preheat oven to 400° and slice baguette into thin slices. Bake for 4-5 minutes until lightly toasted. Top with small pieces of ham and thin slices of brie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment