Thursday, January 26, 2012

Cinnamon Pumpkin Bubble Muffins


I saw these posted on Carlita's Eats a few weeks ago and thought I might try them out. I had actually tried some other pumpkin muffins that were supposed to be amazing, but I hated them. They had so much pumpkin puree that I felt like I was eating it straight out of the can. I could only force one of them down before I gave up and threw the entire batch away. So I was a little nervous to try another pumpkin muffin. These had a much smaller amount of pumpkin puree. Actually, I felt like they tasted more like cinnamon rolls than like pumpkin muffins, especially with the cream cheese frosting that I added. I loved them and will definitely make them again.

Dough:
1 Tbsp yeast
1/4 cup warm water
3 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
3 Tbsp melted butter or margarine
1 egg
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
3 1/2- 4 cups flour

Coating:
6 Tbsp melted butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
4 tsp cinnamon

Combine yeast, water, salt and sugar in a large mixing bowl and let rest for about five minutes to allow yeast to activate. Then mix in other ingredients, adding flour by half cups and mixing between each one. The dough should be sticky and wet. Knead for 3-5 minutes. Place in a lightly greased bowl and allow to rise until double, approximately one hour. 

Divide dough into 12 equal portions. Then divide each portion into 5 small balls. For each muffin, roll five balls of dough in melted butter and then in brown sugar/cinnamon mixture and place in prepared muffin cup. Allow muffins to rise until double in size, about another 40 minutes. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until golden. Cool before adding cream cheese frosting.




No comments:

Post a Comment