Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Tart Frozen Yogurt

I LOVE frozen yogurt with fruit on top. My husband doesn't like it very much but sometimes he still takes me out to eat it. But in the interest of saving money and not forcing him to suffer through eating it too much, I decided to research how to make tangy frozen yogurt here at home. I was surprised at how easy it is! And it still tasted delicious.

4 cups plain yogurt
2/3 cup sugar
Fresh fruit

Stir sugar into frozen yogurt. The recipes I found online all said 3/4 c. but I like it a little less sugary. You can make this using an ice cream maker (just pour in the yogurt and let the machine do the work) or, if you are willing to wait a little longer, leave it in the freezer for 2-3 hours. I took this yogurt out a little early so it would be extra soft. It is great with cut up peaches, strawberries, or really any kind of fruit you would like to add. It is a delicious and fairly healthy dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment