Sunday, June 20, 2010

Steak Marinade


My husband and I were planning on making steak kabobs for Sunday dinner but we wanted to try out a new stake marinade. We decided to use one from "The Cooking Blog" because she had a whole section about how to make steaks. It tasted pretty good; I used dried basil that comes in a shaker but I would use fresh basil next time. We used this recipe for 4 lb of top sirloin steak.

8 tsp minced garlic
4 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
Salt and Pepper
4 Tbsp chopped parsley
4 tsp chopped basil
8 tsp. oregano
12 oz. Red Wine


I read on a website that it is better to use real wine as opposed to cooking wine, but I don't really know how big of a flavor difference there would be. I used red cooking wine for this. If you have any experience using wine in cooking I would be happy to receive input. Also, the recipe said to let it marinate for 2 hours but we left it overnight. It was pretty good; I need to get more experience doing marinades.

No comments:

Post a Comment