Monday, June 7, 2010

Spinach and Strawberry Salad

I wasn't sure how to make this salad so I tried to imagine what would make it taste the best and it turned out amazing.

12 oz Spinach (stems removed)
1 lb container of strawberries
1 c pecans
3/4 c feta cheese

These are very rough estimates. I just added enough of everything so that it looked well balanced. I drizzled a little bit of Kraft poppyseed dressing over top (maybe a Tbsp or two over the whole thing), which I found to be quite delicious and much lighter than the majority of homemade dressings that I have tasted. I generally like minimal dressing on my salads so I can enjoy the flavor of the vegetables/fruits.

Another great option is to add brown sugar to the pecans and toast them in butter on the stove or in the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment