Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Cheese Stuffed Shells


My mom makes these delicious stuffed shells sometimes that I have always loved. My husband had them for the first time a few years ago and often talks about how much he loves them, so I finally decided to make them for the first time in our marriage. I didn't call my mom for the recipe so this might be a little different from the original, but I have helped her make it before and I think I remembered everything that was in it. Either way, they tasted great and they were very easy to make. Prep time was about 25 minutes and baking time was another 20.

15 dried jumbo pasta shells
1 egg
12 oz cottage cheese
1 cup shredded mozzarella
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
1/2 tsp dried oregano
tomato sauce

Cook jumbo pasta shells according to the specifications on the package. Cool shells in a single layer to prevent them from sticking together.

For filling, stir together egg, cottage cheese, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, parsley, Italian seasoning, and oregano. Spoon filling into each shell and place in a 9" square casserole dish. Top with tomato sauce of choice*.

Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes at 350° then bake uncovered for another 15 minutes.

*this time I used half of a bottle of sauce and mixed in a can of Basil, Garlic, and Oregano stewed tomatoes.


No comments:

Post a Comment