Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pizza Rolls


These were actually just a little experiment that I decided to do for the Super Bowl. They turned out to be a huge hit! Even though I layered the sauce, pepperoni, and cheese and rolled it all up together, I think it would also work if you just rolled up the dry ingredients and dipped them in sauce. I actually used the same dough to make cinnamon rolls as well.

Yeild: about 10 servings (I often cut the dough recipe in half and my husband and I still always have leftovers)

1 recipe pizza dough
Spaghetti Sauce
Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
Pepperoni

Prepare dough as directed. Preheat oven to 375°. Roll dough out into a rectangle that is approximately 18"x12" and about 1/8" thick. If you use the entire dough recipe, this will be enough to make two or three different rolls. Cover dough with a thin layer of spaghetti sauce, then pepperoni (I like to put the pepperoni slices so close to each other that they are nearly touching) and a layer of cheese. Then roll it up and use a sharp knife to cut the rolls into 1" slices. Place on a greased baking sheet and cook for about 20-25 minutes.



No comments:

Post a Comment