Monday, February 20, 2012

Oatmeal Cookies


I LOVE making desserts. It is one of my favorite activities. I actually made these cookies when we already had half a pan of Caramel Brownies sitting on the counter, which may have been a mistake. Every day when my husband gets home from work, he eats a little snack - usually one of the baked goods that we have around. When I noticed that he hadn't been eating any of the brownies, I asked him if it was because he didn't like them (I am always a little paranoid that he doesn't like my cooking. I know it is silly). "No," he told me, "I just wanted to eat something healthy, so I had some oatmeal cookies instead." HA! Even though these cookies have oatmeal and raisins, I wouldn't exactly consider them to be "healthy." But if you choose to see it that way, they do provide an entire serving of whole grain and a serving of fruit (if you eat enough of them).

1 cup margarine or butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
3 cups oatmeal
1 cup raisins

Preheat oven to 350°. Combine all of the ingredients (first cream the wet ingredients, then stir in the dry; finally, add the raisins.) Bake for 10-12 minutes. 10 is usually enough. Take them out when they still look a little doughy and they will be deliciously soft and chewy.



No comments:

Post a Comment