Thursday, December 1, 2011

Sausage, Egg and Cheese Croissant


Although this recipe is very easy, I thought I would include it as a memorial to the delicious breakfasts that are often authored by my husband. I generally wouldn't consider myself a "breakfast person." I generally prefer a small piece of fruit or toast, if I have anything at all. Still, I really like breakfast food and have found that I am much more likely to make breakfast for dinner. Here is a little something that we whipped up for dinner one night last week when we were in the middle of packing for our most recent move.

1/4 lb sausage
4 eggs
salt and pepper to taste
cheese
croissants (prepared according to package instructions)

Cook sausage thoroughly in a medium skillet. Add eggs and scramble, adding salt and pepper to taste. Cut freshly baked croissants in half and layer egg and cheese in the middle. If the cheese doesn't melt, consider microwaving the croissant for 15-20 seconds to help it along.


No comments:

Post a Comment