Monday, June 27, 2011

Lobster Tails


Maybe I went a little overboard for Father's Day, but there were a lot of really good things on sale at the grocery store that week, and my husband had never had lobster before. I decided to do a deluxe surf and turf dinner with New York steak and lobster tails. I used the same method of grilling steak that I have before. This was actually the first time I had ever cooked lobster and, interestingly, it was super simple; I was amazed to see the lobster go from a dark brownish color to a bright orange-red as it was cooking.

Bring about an inch of water to a rapid boil in a medium sized pot.
Place lobster tails in a steaming basket and place in pot, just above the water.
Cover with lid and steam for 8 minutes. Don't open the lid too early!

Serve with melted butter and lemon wedges.

No comments:

Post a Comment