Monday, June 27, 2011

Strawberry 3 Layer Cake


My husband kindly volunteered me to make a dessert for a barbecue this past weekend so, of course I took the opportunity to make something that I had never made before. My mom makes this great cake with a fluffy  cream cheese frosting and strawberry topping that I thought would be perfect for the occasion so I called and got the recipe. It was a big hit. And it turns out it is one of my husband's new favorite desserts. Usually when my mom made it, she had to make two because it only uses half of a prepared cake mix for each pan. I just split the ingredients and the cake mix in half (using 2 eggs rather than 1 1/2) and it was just great.

1/2 cake mix, prepared as directed on package

1 8 oz tub whipped cream
1 8 oz pkg. cream cheese
1 cup powdered sugar

1 pkg strawberry Danish Dessert Junket, prepared as directed on package
1-2 lb. strawberries

Bake half of the cake mix in a 9x13" pan, perhaps reducing bake time slightly. Once the cake has cooled, whip cream cheese, whipped cream, and powdered sugar together and spread over cake. Top with strawberry mixture and chill (approximately 3 hours) before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment