Thursday, June 16, 2011

Swiss Chicken


A couple of weeks ago, I participated in an activity with other women who attend my church. The activity was entitled "Freezer Dinners." We all got together and assembled 5 simple recipes that we could take home and leave in our freezers until we were ready to use them for dinner. It took less than a half hour for me to assemble all of mine. Although I wasn't a big fan of most of them, I actually liked this one so I will include it here for future reference.

6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
6 slices Swiss cheese
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup apple juice
1 package chicken stuffing mix
1/2 stick butter or margarine, melted

Place chicken in 9x13" pan - use a foil pan if you plan to freeze it rather than bake it immediately. Place a slice of cheese over each piece of chicken. Combine soup and apple juice in a bowl. Pour over chicken. Cover pan with foil if it is to be frozen.

If dinner has been frozen, thaw overnight in the refrigerator. Preheat oven to 350° and remove foil. Mix stuffing with butter and cover chicken. Bake, uncovered, for 1 hour or until internal temperature is 165° F.

No comments:

Post a Comment