Saturday, January 29, 2011

Barbecue Steak


This week I decided to splurge a little bit to celebrate recent events with my husband. He has been wanting to learn how to cook a really good steak. I bought two New York Strip Steaks and then started researching the best way to cook them. For this dish I mostly did "behind the scenes support" and let my husband do most of the actual cooking. He did a fantastic job. These were some of the best steaks we have ever had.

New York Strip Steaks
Steak seasoning
Salt and Pepper

Preheat barbecue. Rub steak seasoning, salt, and pepper into steak on all sides. Cook the first side for 5-7 minutes depending on thickness (we cooked it for closer to 7 minutes). Flip steak and cook the second side for 4-6 minutes (we cooked it for about 5).

No comments:

Post a Comment