Sunday, October 10, 2010

Pizza Pockets


One of my family's traditions was that we always got to choose our birthday dinner. Which meant we had Pizza Pockets for pretty much every birthday. If someone chose something different, we were always disappointed. Now that I'm "all grown up" and get to choose my dinner every night we end up having these a lot more often than when I was a kid. My husband has even said that they are his new favorite. We always used to make these with Rhodes frozen rolls, but lately I have been using homemade pizza dough - which is cheaper and I think it tastes even better.

1 pkg. Rhodes frozen rolls
Spaghetti sauce
Mozzarella cheese
Pepperoni
Sausage

Thaw rolls. With rolling pin, roll our each individual roll into an oval shape. If you want bigger pockets, roll 2 rolls together. Put desired toppings in one half (no sauce). We always use pepperoni, sausage, and mozzarella cheese. Once we tried using other toppings and decided that the traditional way was a lot better. Fold dough over and pinch around sides and ends. Puncture top with a fork. Bake at 425 for 15-20 minutes. To eat, dip in spaghetti sauce and remember: no silverware allowed!

1 comment: