Sunday, October 10, 2010

Chicken and Dumplings


My husband had been talking about his mom's Chicken & Dumplings for a long time so we finally decided to call and get the recipe. I had never had this dish before but I knew it was very "American" so I was looking forward to making it. I wasn't feeling very well the day we had planned to make it so my sweetheart made it for me. And let me tell you I was very surprised to find out that chicken and dumplings is just chicken noodle soup with biscuits. Nevertheless it was great. Thank you to the love of my life for making me chicken soup when I feel sick and for all of the things that you do for me. This is the recipe as dictated by his mother, who has made it so many times that she doesn't need exact measurements.

Cut up and cook chicken breast in pot
Add chicken broth (canned or cubes) - 12 cups for a large family (we used less)
Add veggies - celery, carrots, potatoes, a few peas, etc.
Bring to a boil
Add egg noodles - just a handful
Mix in cornstarch mixed with cold water, just enough so that everything doesn't sink to the bottom.
Add black pepper
Cook uncovered for 10 minutes, then covered for 10 minutes. Don't overcook
Add dumplings (follow directions on Bisquick box)

No comments:

Post a Comment