Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Tomato Basil Penne with Chicken


I really like making pasta and "Italian" food for dinner, but sometimes the traditional red sauce or white sauce recipes get kind of old. I was looking for something interesting I could make with penne pasta and I stumbled upon a recipe that looked really good. I made a couple of changes to the recipe to make it my own. It was really good and VERY easy to make. It only took about 20 minutes total. I would recommend this recipe to anyone - especially those busy people who want to spend as little time in the kitchen as possible, but still appreciate good food.

8 oz penne pasta, prepared according to directions on box
3 Tbsp olive oil, divided
3 tsp minced garlic
1 pint grape tomatoes, halved (more if desired)
1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 Tbsp minced fresh basil
1 1/2 lb chicken, cut into bite sized pieces
Salt and pepper, to taste

Preheat 1 Tbsp olive oil in a medium skillet. Cook chicken, seasoning with Chef Todd's seasoning until the meat is thoroughly cooked and begins to turn golden brown on the outside.

Then, heat 2 Tbsp olive oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat. Cook garlic, stirring, for approximately 1 minute. Add tomatoes, reduce heat to medium, and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in cheeses. When they begin to melt, stir in cooked penne pasta and chicken. Season with fresh basil.



1 comment:

  1. Oh wow....Jayson and I scarfed this up. It was so good! Thanks so much for posting. I will definitely be making this in the future. YUM!

    ReplyDelete