Monday, November 21, 2011

Chocolate Caramel Chews


I was searching the internet, looking for something to make for dinner, when I accidentally stumbled upon these amazing little treats. I knew I had to make them the moment that I saw them. They are practically like homemade candy bars. Actually, my husband thinks I should actually try to mass produce them and sell them, but instead I am just going to post them on my blog to share. Unfortunately I didn't write down the name of the blog where I originally found them, but just know that I didn't invent them myself.

36 caramels, unwrapped
3 Tbsp evaporated milk
1 cup crushed corn flakes
1 cup Rice Krispies cereal
1 cup flaked coconut
1 cup chopped nuts (I used walnuts)
6-8 oz chocolate, melted (I just used milk chocolate chips)

Melt the caramels and cream over the stove, stirring frequently until smooth. Combine the remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Stir caramel into dry ingredients. Shape into 1" balls and set onto waxed paper. Melt the chocolate in 20 second intervals in the microwave, stirring between each time. Coat chews completely in chocolate and allow chocolate to cool and harden before serving.


No comments:

Post a Comment