Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Chicken Alfredo Lasagna


I had never made lasagna from scratch before I decided to make this one. It started out as only an idea for a combination of flavors. I didn't even have a recipe! Needless to say, I learned a lot about putting together a lasagna, and found out that it wasn't as intimidating as I had imagined. One thing I learned is that I only needed to make about half of the box of lasagna noodles, or do more layers of lasagna (which would require more of the other ingredients). My husband loved this dinner and was very eager to eat leftovers, which there were quite a lot of because I made a whole 9x13 pan and there are only 2 of us. This lasagna also freezes well.

Lasagna noodles
Alfredo Sauce, double the recipe (4-6 cups total)
1/2-1 lb sliced mushrooms
Fresh spinach
Mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 1/2 lb chicken, cooked and shredded or cut into small pieces


Begin by preparing lasagna noodles according to directions on the package. While noodles are boiling, make alfredo sauce and set out all ingredients for ease of assembly. Generously oil the bottom of a 9x13 (or 10x18) baking dish. Drain the noodles but do not rinse them. Cover bottom of pan with noodles. Layer chicken, alfredo sauce, mushooms, spinach, then lightly sprinkle Mozzarella cheese over top. Repeat layers until pan is full. Top with remaining sauce and cheese. Bake at 350° 20-30 minutes. You may want to cover with foil for the first 15-20 minutes to melt the cheese and then uncover for the last 10 min. to brown it. Let the lasagna stand 10 minutes before serving.

1 comment:

  1. My goodness! This sounds delicious! I am going to try it!! Thanks :-)

    ReplyDelete