Friday, March 4, 2011

Salsa Chicken


Right now I am taking an evening class so I am already gone by the time my husband gets home from work. I want to make sure that there is still good food for him to eat for dinner so I have been doing a lot more experimenting with Crock Pot cooking. That way I can eat before I leave, but it won't burn so that he can have a hot dinner whenever he is ready. I really enjoyed this dinner. I got the recipe from the Year of Slow Cooking blog that I follow. Because I decided to add a can of Cream of Mushroom soup it tasted a lot like Chicken Tortilla Soup, another dish that I make sometimes, but I have had something similar to this without the "Cream of..." soup and it was delicious. I think I'll make it without the soup next time. And maybe I'll add some green peppers too.

1-2 lb chicken
1 can black beans, rinsed
1 cup frozen corn
1 cup salsa

I cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces, but this recipe would also be good with chicken breasts or thighs. Basically all I did was put everything in the Crock Pot and leave it on low for about 6 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment