Sunday, August 8, 2010

Summertime Linguine


This dish is very different than anything I have ever made before. I usually plan Sunday meals in advance and shop for the ingredients Saturday night. I didn't do that today. After church I realized that I had nothing planned for dinner. So I started looking through the cupboards and refrigerator and I made the very first unplanned dish I have ever made. It was very refreshing and very summery.

12 oz cooked linguine
1 large onion
1 medium pepper
12 oz broccoli florets
3 small tomatoes
1 chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
2-3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
2 Tbsp chopped, fresh basil
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
2 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp oregano
1/2 cup fresh parmesan

While pasta is cooking, saute onions, pepper, and minced garlic in a bit of olive oil, adding broccoli after about 1 minute. Then add chicken, vinegar, basil, and oregano and cook until there is no pink left in the chicken. Stir in linguine, parmesan, tomatoes, and remaining olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.

2 comments:

  1. This looks yummy! I have enjoyed reading your cooking blog and the recipes all have looked delicious! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for commenting on blog! Cooking is a great hobby. Lately I have been thinking about how every family has a different food "style" or tradition. It is so much fun developing some of our own family favorites.

    ReplyDelete