Friday, August 6, 2010

Chris' Mushroom Ravioli


The cat's out of the bag: my husband is a great cook. I have tried to to most of the cooking over these past few months, but every once in a while he decides to surprise me with a special "man-made" dinner. This past Wednesday I had a meeting in the evening but told him that I was going to make Ravioli when I got back. He volunteered to run to the store and pick up some ingredients, but when I got back he had cooked up this amazing little dish. It is a four-cheese Ravioli from the store (I haven't quite progressed to the point of making my own pasta, but I definitely will...eventually) with a creamy sherry alfredo sauce and caramelized mushrooms and onions on top. These are the ingredients as far as I remember (he's not here right now to make sure I get it right).

4 cheese Ravioli
1 recipe Alfredo Sauce
1/4 cup cooking sherry (optional)
2 tomatoes, chopped

2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 lb mushrooms
1 large onion, chopped
1/4 cup brown sugar

Start ravioli to boil in a medium pot. Saute mushrooms and onions in a pan over medium-high heat for 6-7 minutes, adding brown sugar after about 4 minutes. Season with salt to taste.

Make alfredo sauce (add cooking sherry if desired and simmer). After removing from heat, stir together sauce, chopped tomatoes, and ravioli.

1 comment:

  1. It actually just has a pinch of brown sugar in with the sauteed mushrooms and onions, and a pinch in with the sauce.

    ReplyDelete