Monday, November 12, 2012

Asian Meatballs


Well, it seems like that new blog I started has kind of taken over my life. I have spent a lot of time during the last two months working on cards for the Mutton Hollow Country Barn Boutique. I made over 200 cards. Unfortunately, only about 7 of them actually sold. Needless to say, I don't think I will be doing that craft show again. So now I am back to spending my time cooking and blogging about it. I have actually missed writing about my recipes. I actually made several really good ones while I was on hiatus. I will be posting those over the next several weeks, until I have to take another break to move into our new house.

Anyway, I found these meatballs on For the Love of Cooking. They tasted great. I also really liked the tangy dipping sauce that went with them.

Meatballs:

1 lb ground turkey
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
2 Tbsp green onions, finely chopped
1 Tbsp ginger, minced
1 tsp minced garlic
1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
1 Tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
2 tsp sesame oil
salt and pepper, to taste


Dipping Sauce:

4 Tbsp soy sauce
2 Tbsp lime juice (approximately 1 fresh lime, juiced)
2 Tbsp water
2 tsp sesame oil
1 Tbsp green onion, finely chopped
1/4 tsp honey

Preheat oven to 500° For meatballs, combine all ingredients. Gently mix until combined. Form meatballs using approximately 1/4 cup mixture per meatball. Place on a baking sheet and bake until they are cooked completely, about 15 minutes. 

While meatballs are cooking, combine ingredients for dipping sauce and whisk until they are combined. 

Serve meatballs and dipping sauce immediately. The meatballs and dipping sauce also taste great when served over rice.

1 comment:

  1. Yay, you're back!! I've missed your recipes. I'm so sorry only 7 of your cards sold....they were GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete