Saturday, February 25, 2012

Simple Chicken Cacciatore


There are some recipes that I have heard of dozens of times, but never had myself. I often think of them as  "gourmet" or "fancy." This was one of those recipes. I wanted to cook something Italian and so I decided to make it. Once I read through a couple of recipes completely, I realized that it is pretty much just chicken with spaghetti sauce. There is another recipe by Giada de Laurentiis that is somewhat different and I really want to try it in the future. The sauce completely homemade and it looks really good (and gets great reviews). Still, this one was decent, quick to make, and I would definitely make it again.

Yield: 4 servings

4 chicken breasts
1-2 Tbsp olive oil
1 medium onion, sliced
1-2 tsp minced garlic
4 oz fresh mushrooms, sliced
2 cups pasta sauce
1/2 tsp dried rosemary
1/2 tsp oregano

Preheat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken in oil for about 15 minutes or until it is thoroughly cooked and is crispy and golden on the outside. Add onion and garlic during the last five minutes of cooking. Then add remaining ingredients and simmer for another 10-15 minutes. Serve over spaghetti, prepared according to directions on the package.



No comments:

Post a Comment