Friday, August 12, 2011

Poppyseed Cake


I was the happy recipient of this delicious cake recipe about four years ago, just after I moved away from my wonderful hometown in Colorado for the last time. This cake is super easy to make; it has a cake mix as the base. Prep time is seriously about 5 minutes, but since I add things other than the exact ingredients on the box it seems legit - like it is homemade or something. But really, I think that this is the best poppyseed cake I have ever had. My husband said he liked it just as much as he liked the carrot cake that he made for my birthday.

1 package yellow cake mix
1 small package vanilla pudding
1 cup water
4 eggs
1/2 cup oil
2 Tbsp poppyseeds
2 Tbsp almond extract

Prepare bundt pan by spraying a light layer of cooking spray and sprinkling powdered sugar over it. Mix all ingredients together in a medium bowl. Beat for three minutes. Then pour cake into prepared bundt pan. Bake at 350° for 40 to 50 minutes. Allow to cool for 10 minutes and then remove from pan. Immediately top with a thick glaze made from water and powdered sugar.




No comments:

Post a Comment