Friday, August 19, 2011

Coconut Chip Cookies



I was trying to come up with a new type of cookies to make for a church activity I had signed up to help with and I came up with the great idea to add coconut to my regular chocolate chip cookie recipe. I was very excited about the new recipe I had "invented" when I realized that my friend, Rachel, had made chocolate chip coconut cookies for the activity too! How did she steal that idea right out of my brain? So apparently I wasn't the first person ever to come up with the recipe, but maybe I was the first to add peanut butter chips to it.... Probably not - with so many aspiring chefs out there, it is hard to create a recipe that is truly unique. Nevertheless, these cookies turned out AMAZING. I was actually kind of shocked that they turned out so well.

1 cup butter flavored shortening
1/2 cup white sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp hot water
2 eggs
1 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/4 cup sweetened coconut
2 cups flour
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1 cup peanut butter chips

Cream shortening and sugars together. Dissolve baking soda in water and stir into the creamed mixture. Add eggs one at a time, beating well between each. Stir in all other ingredients. Spoon onto cookie sheet. Bake 9 minutes at 375°

No comments:

Post a Comment