Sunday, November 14, 2010

Stuffed French Toast


I think I learned this recipe from one of my American mission companions, although I don't really remember. It is a great addition to french toast, although when you make it you have to be aware that it is very rich and very filling so you probably won't eat as many pieces as you normally would. 
Bread
Plain cream cheese
Jam (your flavor of choice)
Eggs (I usually use one for each person and one extra for good measure)
Milk
Vanilla
Syrup

Mix eggs and milk by beating together. I like to add a little vanilla when I make this recipe. Spread a thin layer of cream cheese and jam on one slice of bread. I have also used a flavored cream cheese and skipped the jam but I prefer eating it this way. Top with another slice to make a sandwich. Dip sandwich in egg mixture, covering both sides of the bread and cook on a large skillet. Enjoy with your choice of toppings: butter, syrup, powdered sugar, etc.



No comments:

Post a Comment