Sunday, November 14, 2010

Chicken and Broccoli Casserole


This is another one of my favorites from my childhood. I have always loved broccoli and hated mayonnaise. Surprisingly, even though this casserole has mayo, I still really like it - as long as I don't think about the fact that it is in there. When we eat it, we like to mix in the rice, not just leave it as a side dish. 

Recipe yield: at least 8 servings - for a smaller family, cut this recipe in half (or freeze the leftovers)

20 oz pkg. frozen broccoli cuts
4 cups chicken, cooked and cubed
2 cans cream of chicken soup
Curry powder (the American kind - not the Indian kind)
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup milk
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Paprika

Cook broccoli; drain and place in 9x13" pan. Top with cubed chicken and sprinkle with a generous amount of curry powder. In a separate bowl mix the soup, mayonnaise, milk, and cheese and pour over chicken and broccoli. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. I'm making this tonight. I'm looking forward to it!!!

    ReplyDelete