Sunday, September 19, 2010

Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich


Before making this sandwich I tried to do a lot of research to find the most "authentic" way to make one. I'm not sure that I was completely successful, but let me just say that this was a delicious dinner. In making this sandwich I learned that the meat department in most grocery stores will slice a cut of your choice to your specifications! That is a great thing to know. Next time, though, I'll have the meat sliced a lot more thinly.

Italian sandwich rolls
Steak, sliced very thinly
1 white onion, thinly sliced
1/2 large green pepper, chopped
1 tsp. minced garlic
1/2 lb sliced mushrooms
Salt and Pepper to taste
Sliced Provolone

Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions and bell peppers, and cook until caramelized. Add the garlic, salt and pepper. Push to side of pan.
Add the meat to the hot pan and cook until almost all pink is gone. Mix in the sauteed vegetables. Top with cheese slices and melt. Place meat mixture on buns and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment