Friday, May 25, 2012

Spicy Basil Chicken


This is an Asian-inspired dish that I will definitely make again. When I saw the recipe on For the Love of Cooking, I knew that it had to be good (does she even make something that isn't good? I love that blog!) I still wouldn't say that it tastes like something out of a Chinese restaurant, but my husband and I both liked it a lot.

Serves: 4
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time 15 minutes

2 tsp canola oil
2 green onions, thinly sliced
1 cup chicken, cut into bite sized pieces
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 Tbsp oyster sauce
1 Tbsp soy sauce
2 tsp sugar
1 tsp hot chili sauce
1 tsp water
1/2 tsp cornstarch
1/3 cup fresh basil leaves, sliced

Preheat canola oil in a medium skillet over medium high heat. Add green onions and cook, stirring, approximately one minute. Add chicken and cook, stirring often, until completely cooked. Then add garlic and cook for another minute.

Combine Oyster sauce, soy sauce, sugar, chili sauce, water, and cornstarch. Pour mixture over the chicken and cook until the mixture thickens, approximately 1 minute. Then, remove chicken from heat and stir in basil leaves. Serve over rice.


No comments:

Post a Comment