Saturday, May 26, 2012

Authentic Mexican Tacos


Lately, my husband has been obsessed with going to taco stands. He goes to a taco stand for lunch at least once a week. So a few weeks ago I decided that I would try my hand at making them myself. Two of my brothers in law were over for dinner that night and WOW what a reaction. Everyone loved them; they even went back for seconds and thirds. This recipe is definitely a keeper.

2 1/2 lb. beef roast
1 large onion, chopped
2 tsp chili powder
3 cloves garlic, minced
3 tsp cumin
2 bell peppers, chopped (I used red and green)
1/2 cup beef broth
1 can Mexican style diced tomatoes
Salt, to taste (about 2 tsp)
corn tortillas

Combine chili powder, garlic, and cumin and rub on outside of roast. Place roast in slow cooker and top with chopped onions and diced tomatoes. Pour beef broth over top. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Shortly before serving, shred beef and stir in salt. Serve over warm corn tortillas with pico de gallo, hot sauce, and guacamole.

No comments:

Post a Comment