Thursday, April 26, 2012

Chocolate Frosting



Usually when I make chocolate frosting, I use unsweetened cocoa powder. Unfortunately, that wasn't really an option this time because I used the rest of it in the chocolate cake that I made. But I did just happen to have an unsweetened chocolate baking bar, which worked really well. As far as the cream cheese, I don't think it would normally be necessary, but I just really wanted to add it. The frosting turned out great.

2 oz Unsweetened chocolate baking bar
4 Tbsp butter
1 lb (about 4 cups) powdered sugar
1/3 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
2 oz cream cheese (optional)

In a small saucepan, melt chocolate and butter over low heat. Combine powdered sugar, milk, vanilla and cream cheese. Stir in chocolate mixture and beat until smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment