Thursday, April 26, 2012

Chocolate Cake



I haven't made many homemade cakes in my life, but this afternoon, I thought it would be fun to try out a chocolate cake. After doing a little bit of internet research, I found a recipe that I thought looked pretty good. Actually, it turned out to be pretty much the best chocolate cake I have ever had! Maybe I will never make a box cake again. Seriously, I had no idea that a homemade cake could taste that good. If you are looking for an awesome cake to make, this is definitely one that is worth trying out.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Blend the following ingredients together:
2 cups sugar
1-3/4 cups flour
3/4 cup cocoa
1-1/2 Teaspoons baking soda
1-1/2 Teaspoons baking powder
3/4 Teaspoon salt

Stir in:
1/2 cup melted salted butter
2 large eggs
1 cup buttermilk
3 Teaspoon vanilla extract

Beat on medium speed until well incorporated then turn mixer to slowest speed and add:
1 cup boiling water
Pour into buttered and floured 9 x 13 baking pan or two 8" circle pans.
Bake for 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
Let cool completely before frosting. 




No comments:

Post a Comment