Wednesday, December 8, 2010

German Pancakes


I have never really been a big "breakfast-person" but now that I am pregnant I've found that I feel terribly sick all day if I don't eat something first thing in the morning...and sometimes I feel sick all day anyway. So I have been making some new breakfast foods to break the monotony of always eating cold cereal. I really liked these German Pancakes because they are light and fluffy and full of protein. My favorite part is that when they are in the oven, they blow up like a balloon and then slowly deflate at room temperature.

6 Tbsp butter
6 eggs
1 cup flour
1 cup milk

Melt butter and pour into 9x13" pan. using mixer, blend remaining ingredients in bowl and pour batter into pan. Bake at 450° for 15 minutes. Serve with syrup or jam.

 This is my pan of German Pancakes before it deflated all the way.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, I LOVE German Pancakes. Evan and I eat a whole pan. Now I think I'll have to make some for dinner tonight...

    ReplyDelete