Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Creamy Chicken Enchiladas

  
These are the Chicken Enchiladas that my mom made for us growing up. They were one of my favorite foods; it wasn't until I got older that it started to bother me that people considered them to be "Mexican food" even though I'm pretty sure they don't even sell Cream of Chicken soup in Mexico. So, even though they aren't Mexican at all, I still really like them and make them sometimes for my family.

2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 pint sour cream
1 4 oz can chopped green chilis (optional)
3-4 green onions, chopped
1 can sliced black olives
1/2 lb grated cheddar cheese
4 chicken breasts, boiled and cut into small pieces
10-12 flour tortillas

Combine ingredients except for tortillas and chicken in a mixing bowl. Remove 2 cups of mixture and add to chicken. Fill tortillas with a few heaping spoonfuls of chicken mixture. Roll and place in a 9x13" casserole pan.


Spoon the remaining mixture over tortillas and sprinkle shredded cheese over top. Bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment